New Years Resolutions

I'm not normally one for making new years resolutions, I never stick them, mostly because I forget what they were. So instead of making resolutions, I've decided to make goals! 

These goals are the most important things I want to achieve this year, they're more personal than just 'drink more water' or 'read a book'. I want to be able to actually achieve these goals. Most people I know that set themselves new years resolutions just tell themselves on 1st Jan that they're going to go to the gym and eat healthier, but then the majority don't actually do anything to put these resolutions in place. That's where goals come into place. 

Setting goals isn't just about writing a list of things you want to achieve, it's about knowing how you're going to achieve them. Every goal needs an action plan, otherwise how else can you achieve it. If going to the gym is one of your goals, you need to set what days you are going to, what time, what you're going to train that day etc. Anyone can tell themselves that they're going to go to the gym, but if you don't put it into action, what are you achieving? 

I'm not going to share all my 2018 goals because goals are personal to an individual, but my top one this year is to obviously graduate from my university. This mostly involves getting my coursework done and revising a lot for my exams, so I've set myself time plans and deadlines for when I need those courseworks doing and plans to start revising. 

Goal setting involves a lot of thinking ahead, so if you don't like planning you're days and thinking far ahead into the future, it's probably not for you. But for the most part, it's a good way to keep you're plans moving on and keeping check that you're getting further and not staying stuck in the same place. 

Comments

Popular Posts