My Experience as a Nu Skin Distributor

Nu Skin is a company I had never even heard of before I was approached to join the business. I hadn't even heard of network marketing. I didn't know what it involved, what I would be signing up to, if it was a scam! So when I was first approached to join the business back in 2016, I point blank said no. I instantly thought it was just a scam and they were going to take all of my money and they wouldn't even be good products. 

I carried on with university and didn't think anything of it, but then came a point that the majority of students face, I was very quickly running out of money. I didn't want to get a job because I didn't want to have work on the weekends, or be unable to go home because I had to work. It just wasn't what I wanted to be doing, I was so focused on my degree I didn't want a part time job on minimum wage affecting that. I found the my now uplines message from when she introduced me into the business in the first place and decided to just ask for some more information. I still wasn't 100% about joining but what was the harm in asking. After a few back and forth conversations and many hours googling the company, I decided to join. At the time, I just thought I had nothing to lose, it was free to join and if I hated it I could just stop. Nearly 18 months later, I'm still with the business. 

I completely understand the perception of Nu Skin, I had the exact same perception of it too. The difference between when I was first approached and when I joined was that I was open to learning about the business and the compensation plan involved. It isn't a pyramid scheme, the people at the top don't get all the money and the people at the bottom don't do all the work. You get out of the business what you put into the business and from my experience, I can 100% vouch for that. 

When I first started, I really wasn't overly committed to doing it. I kind of just hoped I could do a few posts and earn loads of money from it but that's really not how network marketing works. It was so much more than that! In September 2017, I went to an event in Birmingham called Star Saturday. It was a huge event in the ICC where hundreds of people in the business joined to celebrate the achievements and milestones they had reached, to hear stories from the top leaders in the company and to get some amazing training about how to get just where they are. They also showed us the 2017 Success Trip on a Private Island that the company has hired out for people in the company have reached a particular milestone! This for me was a turning point, I realised I was never going to get onto the compensation plan just by posting a Facebook status and selling a tube of toothpaste to my mum. I had to really start treating it like a business. 

In January 2018, I decided I really wanted to commit to this business and succeed at it. I have so many goals in life and reaching the top of the compensation plan is now one of them! I love doing this business, although on the surface it just seems like a few Instagram stories about some products you've never heard of, it's one of the best opportunities I have ever said yes to. I have made life long friends, I get to see all of them succeed and do amazing things with their lives too. But one of the main things for me has been the huge difference in my mindset and how I think about things now. It's helped me become a better person, a more positive person. I actually read books now! 

I know people will read this and think, 'she's probably not even making any money from it', 'she just wants to drag the rest of us into it'. Well no, that's not the case. Making it to the top of the compensation plan requires hard graft and consistency, which still now is something I continue to work on every day. I will get to the top, and I love that I am able to introduce other people into this opportunity to do the same thing for themselves and help them get to the top too! 

I'm really just hoping this gives my followers a bit more of an insight into why I do all of those posts on my Instagram and the story behind it all. I am huge supporter of smaller businesses and continually support many small businesses on Instagram. I hope this is even just a small eye opener for someone else to support my small business. 



If you want anymore details about my experience or the opportunity itself then email me at simranbhamra@hotmail.co.uk. 

Comments

Popular Posts