January Birchbox

I have been an avid Birchbox subscriber for a long time now, there's is nothing I love more than coming home to a brand new Birchbox and seeing what goodies are inside it! This months Birchbox was a collaboration with Ohh Deer. They're a really cool stationary brand that I love purchasing from! 




SPOILER ALERT!!! If you're thinking of purchasing the January Birchbox and you don't want to know what's inside, don't scroll down! There were a few gems inside this months Birchbox that I have really enjoyed using so I'm going to do a little review on each product. 



So first, a FULL SIZE Lord & Berry Blusher Crayon. I received this in the shade 'Peach' and I have to say, I really do quite enjoy it. The colour is super pretty, definitely more of Spring/Summer shade but still really nice to wear. It blends into the skin really well and isn't too strong, it's the perfect peachy glow. It retails for £15 so i'm pretty pleased to have received a full size one in my box. 

Next up is a Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Charcoal. I have never heard of this brand before so I didn't really know what to expect from it but I'm pleasantly surprised. It's not super black but more of a dark grey but it is waterproof, it didn't come off all throughout the day and it didn't smudged! This retails at £10.99 for a full size, which I don't know if I would pay that when I love a lot of other cheaper eyeliners from the drugstore that have better pigment in them. 

The Thermaliv Night Cream is up next, now I love getting moisturisers in my box because I have dry skin so getting to test out a product that my skin could really love is great. It claims to boost collagen production and is full of Vitamin E, now I don't know about the whole collagen situation but it does leave my skin feeling super soft and glowy in the morning which is perfect for putting make up on top of. It retails at £15.75 for a full size version and I think this will be the top of my shopping list. 

Up next is the Paul & Joe Moisturising Foundation Primer in 01 Dagree. Now, this wasn't my favourite. I personally found it set with a chalky like feel on my skin and it just left a grey looking film over my skin. In terms of its quality as a primer, I didn't really see or feel a difference in how my make up looked or felt. This retails for a whopping £24 which I probably won't be forking out for on my next shopping trip. 

Finally, there was the Afterspa Amazing Makeup Remover which I was very intrigued about. Now we've heard about these magic eraser make up removers and I've recently been hearing a lot about the one from Face Halo which is being raved about so I thought this could maybe be a dupe. I was pleased with how it worked, after wearing a full face of make up for about 12 hours, it did a really good job at getting the majority of the make up off my face, mascara included. I would say it removed a good 80% of the product. I proceeded to use my trusty Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish after to see if there was any make up left of my face and there definitely was some there, especially mascara that the cloth couldn't quite reach and areas of foundation that it couldn't quite clean off. I would say for its £5.50 price tag it's pretty decent, you just chuck it in the washing machine to clean it and it's meant to last 1000 washes, just make sure you do a cleanse after you use it to get all the last bits of product off. 

Overall, this box was a good one, they even sent some cute free stickers in there too! I've rate it a solid 7/10, I've found some good products that I can repurchase and add to me collection and got to test out some new stuff that I usually wouldn't buy. 

Comments

Popular Posts